Winter didn't end with a bang, it ended with a small group of people staring into the fog at the end of the skiway straining their ears for the sound of the LC-130 landing. The visibility was pretty bad so no one really thought that the plane was going to land with it's cargo of 40, sun tanned, loud, and germ filled summer 'tourists'. But it did. We heard it land and taxi long before we could actually see it. I marshaled the plane in and then winter was over. Six of our little winter crew left on the flight and 40 odd people trooped into the station to double the population.

There were lines in the galley and there are people everywhere. I was alright with the 6 new people on the Basler and I wasn't ready to leave the Pole. But 40 people is a different story, it's a bit over whelming and I'm definitely waaaaay more ready to head to New Zealand and start a new adventure. But on the other hand there are a lot of people that I made friends with last summer that came back and catching up with them has been a great time.
 |
| Calling for the missing out bound passengers. |
 |
| " Hey look there they are!" |
The youngest guy and the youngest girl on station were in charge of marshaling in the first (and second) C-130s!
No comments:
Post a Comment