Beautiful day today! You can see the cloud trail the plane made leaving pole heading back for McMurdo.
We passed the flag around in a circle for the moving of the geographic pole marker today. Every year the ice sheet moves 33 feet and every new years we move it to it's new location.
The unveiling of the new marker. Every winter over crew designs the new marker for the next year. This is the marker the 2014 winterovers designed.
Dessert today was delicious and Antarctica themed!
We went to the "end of the world" for the count down. The end of the world is where we push all the snow drifts out away from station and there is nothing but a 1000 miles and the transantarctic mountain range between you and McMurdo. I synchronized my watch with the GPS clock in my science lab and I was in charge of the count down.
We passed the flag around in a circle for the moving of the geographic pole marker today. Every year the ice sheet moves 33 feet and every new years we move it to it's new location.
The unveiling of the new marker. Every winter over crew designs the new marker for the next year. This is the marker the 2014 winterovers designed.
Dessert today was delicious and Antarctica themed!
We went to the "end of the world" for the count down. The end of the world is where we push all the snow drifts out away from station and there is nothing but a 1000 miles and the transantarctic mountain range between you and McMurdo. I synchronized my watch with the GPS clock in my science lab and I was in charge of the count down.
I could not have made this New Years more different than my last if I had tried. This picture was taken just after midnight, the one below was taken the about the same time last year in Shanghai. It's been an amazing year and I'm sure 2015 will be just as awesome!

No comments:
Post a Comment